Thursday, July 5, 2012

Breathing

So hard dealing with these past few weeks.I just feel so tired. It's already July and my end of financial year ended pretty bad. Coping with all the stress, some days I tell myself to let it all go. I don't need all this.

But then something good always comes up, always someone to cheer me up in the simplest way. Just today, I've had a 70 year old regular client who waits outside my branch every fortnight during pension week. He came up to me to pull out some money and left the branch. Half an hour later i watched him slowly walking back to the office with his walking sticks and he walked straight up to the counter and said, Karen. i bought us some lottery tickets, if we win tonight i'll make u stop work and come travel with me for 2 years and just be happy.

On the lottery receipt which he made me photocopy, he wrote his number in his wobbly cute handwriting with the words 'shared with Karen' on his ticket.

I thought that was just the sweetest thing. and you know what, even the simplest words can mean so much to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment