Sunday, November 30, 2014

Harvey

Little Harvey arrived in this world on the 21st November 2014 at 3.28pm. After 17 hours of labour, 12 hours of which I partly had laughing gas, thank God for epidural at 11am. I wouldn't have been able to survive excruciating pain much longer. My water broke the night before with a slight trickle and I begun having contractions about 11pm. I had been fast asleep that very night woken up to what I thought was a tummy ache. When I got to the front of the hospital, my water gushed out all over my pad and because I was Gbs Positive I had to be given antibiotics straightaway on a 4 hourly time frame to protect bubs from infection. The pain is inexplicable. I am just glad Harvey was delivered safe and healthy with forceps because his position was breached. I was in so much tears. Today Harvey is 1 week and 3 days old. He lost his cord on the 29th of November. I am a sleep deprived mom but a very very happy mom. I have so much to learn and feeling very grateful that my mom in law is here to help out. Harvey weighed 3.292kgs head circumference 33cm and height at 51cms at birth. Here's to many more happy days for my new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment