Monday, November 7, 2011

To know

Someone I grew up knowing left this world recently. We lost her to cancer. I remember sending her a text a month ago when she had gotten really sick. She replied me, asking to keep her in my prayers and she told me that she loves me very much. I was taken back at that line, because it meant a lot to hear that I was somewhat significant in her life. I must admit that I do take for granted people in life, I often think that people just forget, that they just forget about you through time. I'm tucked in bed, thinking about her, wondering where she is right now, wondering if she's happier than she was on earth that She need not go through a day more of pain. I'll be happy knowing she's in a better place.

I got home tonight and found the ipod on my side of the bed with a song paused. I got a message from Lionel to plug it in and to play it just as he had left it. I was having some trouble sleeping a few nights ago and I asked him to sing me a bed time song. The song he left on the ipod was the very same song he had sung to me. 

I'm happy.


1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm gload to be inthis community where I can learn and shave what I already know. I can

    tell I'm appaslonated about human body, but actually highly interested in Music and Monster Turbine because of a project I have.

    ReplyDelete