Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mending the soul

It's been a while since I've actually gone home. I swear my workplace is like my first home because I spend more time working than actually sleeping. Either that, there's always something to do, someone's birthday to attend, some party that can't be avoided. I broke down last night at work. I was beginning to wonder when I would actually fall apart. Have you ever been in situations where you are the sole person doing all the labor while someone else just watches you do it for the next 7 hours? I'm not complaining about work, I love work; mainly because I need the money and because I have to provide for my brother and sister; it's just been hard for me that I wake up at 6.30am and start work at the bank at 8 till 4.30pm and rush straight to my other job til 11pm last night. It would have been better if I hadn't had to do everything myself, well things are always better when someone else helps along.

I looked at my wrinkly wrinkly hands and bruised bruised heels, I couldn't even get into the shower without help last night. My boyfriend walked me a 15 minute walk just watching me tear my way home. He's good that way that he just gives me my time knowing how I hate talking things through with people. I feel sad for him nevertheless because I refuse to share anything intimate with him; by that I mean my feelings and what I go though everyday. I don't know why I close up so much around people, I just feel like time spent is precious and it need not involve anything bad, I just want to share good times and happy moments with people I love.

I am okay..

The bad days are gone and I have this weekend and the next to look forward to. How fast one month has flown, I barely noticed it fly by. It will be a year since I've started at the Bank. I have a special gift for Lionel next week when we'll be celebrating a very special day for both of us. I don't know how to tell you this but having met Lionel, he's been nothing but perfection. I meet new people on an everyday basis, talk to them and all that, that's my job but I can never find anyone even close to the qualities Lionel has.

I am so lucky that I have someone to sing me a bedtime song, to tuck me into bed, to help me steam iron my work clothes, to make my bad days better days, to have stayed up just to pick me up from work and to tell me how amazing a person I am in his eyes. I find it all too good to be true, but it is happening. Lionel has happened in my life.

 I'm well from the cold I caught last week for being constantly under the rain. I have a huge party to attend over the weekend with Lionel and It'll be fun.


I can't wait to dance under the moonlight, I can't wait to be all cuddled in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment